We are looking for a Front-end website engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
· Determining the structure and design of web pages.
· Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
· Developing features to enhance the user experience.
· Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
· Optimizing web pages and application for maximum speed and scalability.
· Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
· Integrate third party systems via APIs.
· Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers.
Requirements and Skills:
· Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
· Understanding of key design principles.
· Understanding of server-side CSS.
· Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
· Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
· Understanding of SEO principles.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks with tight deadlines